What are the Benefits from TOGAF® for Different Types of Stakeholders:
In this series of blogs we’re going to examine the benefits of the TOGAF to an organization. In doing this we need to consider the various stakeholders that have a stake in architectural changes. The value and benefits for each stakeholder will vary – depending on the nature of the changes, the role and concerns of the stakeholder, and their relationship to other stakeholders.
The IT Organization:
The IT organization is responsible for developing, maintaining and operating the IT components within the enterprise architecture. Typically, this includes services, applications, data, infrastructure technologies, security… etc.
Direct Benefits from Enterprise Architecture:
- Better understanding and management of the IT landscape.
- A holistic / systemic view of all IT components, and their business, organizational and environmental contexts.
- Improved ability to deliver common, standard, or reusable components across the IT landscape.
- Criteria, qualities or characteristics of more agile, more effective IT components.
- A discipline that complements others, such as agile, ITIL, COBIT, etc., and unites these disciplines in a broad, holistic, systemic way.
- Reduced IT complexity.
Direct Benefits from TOGAF:
- Good understanding of how to integrate architecture development with (IT) strategy planning, business strategies, solution design, IT development, implementations and programme / project management through use of the ADM.
- Good understanding of how to integrate architecture governance with IT governance (government framework in TOGAF®).
- The two reference models provide a reasonable contextual basis for structuring and populating an enterprise-specific model.
- Numerous checklist to support IT governance in general, and architecture governance in particular.
- Techniques and artefacts that can be adapted to meet IT and architecture needs.
Indirect Benefits of Enabled by Applying EA or TOGAF:
- Reduced IT operating costs.
- More efficient IT operation.
- Increased portability of applications.
- Improved interoperability.
Download the entire white paper: ‘What Are The Benefits From TOGAF For Different Types of Stakeholder?’ here for free!